Bring back the wheel of starsigns! (or at least a description of them) :) [Steam Beta 2.2.1]
issueid=4421 08-24-2016 05:33 AM
Number of reported issues by Wolfechu: 2
Bring back the wheel of starsigns! (or at least a description of them) :) [Steam Beta 2.2.1]
During chargen, it'd be nice to see a description of what starsign you picked, if the sign is determined randomly.

The spinning wheel was always a nice touch with regards to showing which random sign you got, and it also gave you the description of what effects it had. I've played long enough that I have a rough idea of what each sign does, but still have to look up the exact stat effects. Now in the new beta, it'll pick one, and show you which sign, but there's no text info.

Alternatively, I know during chargen it shows you whichsign it randomly generates, perhaps this info could be shown if you mouseover the graphic for the sign on the right?
Issue Details
Issue Number 4421
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 9
Suggested Version ADOM r67 (v2.2.1)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-24-2016 06:00 AM
Ancient Member

Alternatively, I know during chargen it shows you whichsign it randomly generates, perhaps this info could be shown if you mouseover the graphic for the sign on the right?
It does exactly that in graphics mode, no ?

08-24-2016 06:24 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Soirana
It does exactly that in graphics mode, no ?
Actually, no, or at least not in this build.

08-24-2016 06:49 AM
Ancient Member
Hmmm... do you mean show on mouseover after month was already selected?

08-24-2016 07:04 AM
Ancient Member
I think Wolfechu is talking about the case where starsign is selected randomly. In that case you really don't get any tips as to what the starsign does.

- We need tooltips when hovering over gender/race/class and starsign. That's certainly a must.
- We could bring back the wheel animation on popular demand as an extra step I guess? It was cool as hell. Though it also lengthens the process slightly. I wouldn't show info there, it would just be a graphical thing. To show text there we had to make it oval which kind of defeated its artistical merit. Info would be available in the tooltip as suggested.
- Hell, we could make wheel animations for all "Fate Decide" choices?

Up for discussion :) But one way or another tooltips on hover for both of these preview icons would be cool!

08-24-2016 07:39 AM
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. There's a good description if you're picking a starsign, but if you're letting fate decide, we used to get a little spinning wheel which showed which sign the game had picked randomly, and gave you a little info. Now it jumps to the next stage of chargen, and short of tabbing out and looking on the wiki, you can't actually see the effects of the sign selected.

Tooltips on mouseover post-selection would be perfectly usable. Wheel animations for all stages would be kinda cool, also, though it'd be a tiny wheel for gender ;)

+ Reply