Make Humans a better Newbie Race
issueid=4145 12-07-2015 04:14 PM
Number of reported issues by shockeroo: 50
Make Humans a better Newbie Race
I'm getting the impression many newbies pick human fighters...

Following on from http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2992

The implemented change from the last RFE has not made humans any more appealing to my mind - they're still a bit boring and not very good at anything with lower than average starting stats, and fewer skills. I've also seen two Facebook posts from players who have always picked Human Fighters (and who have never got anywhere). Human Fighter was the first game I ever played too, on the assumption it would be simple. This may be less common now that the game active recommends you pick a Dwarven Paladin for a combat character, but clearly some players are persisting in such habits and I suspect some new ones may be doing the same thing.

My preferred solution to both of these things is to give Humans Healing as a starting skill. Healing makes the first few levels MUCH more survivable as well making humans an appealing option for more advanced players who also want to get Herbalism on classes that start with neither (I generally avoid Assassins, Thieves, Fighters etc unless I roll Candle starsign for this reason.)
Issue Details
Issue Number 4145
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 4
Suggested Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Implemented Version ADOM 2.3.6
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 10
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-08-2015 01:25 AM
Issue Changed by shockeroo