Mouse event actions accepted when window doesn't have focus
issueid=4079 11-23-2015 07:19 AM
Number of reported issues by hapro: 15
Mouse event actions accepted when window doesn't have focus

I alluded to this in another ticket ( http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4010 ), but I wanted to break this out into a separate ticket as it is somewhat of a different issue with more serious consequences. If I have focus on another window, and click on ADOM to gain focus back, the mouse event will be accepted by the game and processed. If the window does not have focus, it should not accept any events (keyboard events are naturally impossible without focus) until focus is regained. I see two potential options depending on how the code works - either the mouse event is ignored if it occurs within a delta of the focus event, or a status(Alt+Q) or pause screen is displayed on focus out and automatically removed on focus in.

I just died in Tomb of High Kings while confused because I clicked empty black space near the top of the window to regain focus and it walked me off my bridge.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4079
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM r63 (v2.0.2)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone "Ease of Use" UI
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users Zeno
Tags (none)

11-23-2015 10:45 AM
I haven't had this happen to me yet because I switch focus with keypresses, but it sounds like a serious issue that needs a fairly rapid fix.

11-24-2015 05:50 AM
Interestingly, even clicking on the window title bar itself seems to be doing something. It gives me the message "you don't know where to continue".

07-05-2017 11:26 AM
Ancient Member
This was fixed a long time ago.

+ Reply