Option to have mini-map in constant position
issueid=2497 11-23-2013 04:28 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Al-Khwarizmi: 62
Option to have mini-map in constant position

Right now (in p20), the mini-map changes position on the screen when you move. For example, if you move left the mini-map will appear on the right, and if you move right the mini-map will appear on the left. This makes sense so that it gets out of the way, but I find it quite distracting, especially because I tend to play pretty fast so the mini-map is dancing around all the time.

It would be great to have a setting to fix it to a constant position, and even more great if that setting centers the view slightly displaced from the character to compensate. I mean, if I set the minimap to be on the top left, then the view should be centered in such a way that the PC appears displaced to the bottom right, not in the exact center of the screen. Or in other words, in such a way that the PC appears in the center of the maximal screen square not occupied by the minimap, rather than in the center of the screen.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2497
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Suggested
Priority 6
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 20
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone Modernized ADOM UI
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users Zeno
Tags (none)

11-28-2013 01:10 AM
Agree, too much jumping currently.

11-28-2013 10:10 AM
Ancient Member
I think there should maybe be a few options, for example I would prefer if it only jumped between top-left and top-right. When I target a tile either with 't'hrow or 'l'ook or 'Ctrl o'rder, etc. and the mini-map is anywhere near it, I want it to jump away. When I'm on the right or left edge of the map I want the mini-map on the other side. Otherwise I don't want it jumping around, as it is not in my way then and I focus more on the mini-map than the actual tiled area, only during encounters do I look at the tlied area. Having to find the mini-map every time it jumps is not fun. I do want it to jump though, but only on those conditions I've mentioned and only between two positions, not four.

12-09-2013 12:47 PM
Ancient Member
You can already fix the position of the mini-map. Just move it by clicking and holding the right mouse button, and it will stay in a fixed position after this.

But an option to make it jump between only two locations, and centering the player on a non-minimap-covered region, make sense, too.

12-09-2013 06:59 PM
Ancient Member
Oh, I didn't know we could do that. It definitely does the trick for me. The other mentioned improvements would be nice additions, but of lower priority (for me at least).

+ Reply