Change Ice Queen's Quest Difficulty/Order
issueid=3156 07-17-2014 12:24 AM
Number of reported issues by shockeroo: 50
Change Ice Queen's Quest Difficulty/Order
The ice queens quest are currently issued in decending order of difficulty - this should be changed

tldr version:
1) Change the quest order
2) (Probably) Buff the chaos diplomat
3) (Possibly) change the Hotz quest entirely

---

The Ice Queen's quests are a bit weird in that:

Quest 1 is long and reasonably challenging with a great reward.
Quest 2 is easy (I've never failed to 1-shot the diplomat - although my characters have been pretty buff) with a great reward.
Quest 3 is a pushover, but requires crossing the map, with a fairly pointless reward (so easy to get elsewhere). Also another NPC already gives killing Hotz as a quest objective.

If the quests remain as-is, I would recommend moving the Hotz quest to #1, the diplomat quest to #2, and the giant cave quest to #3.

Alternatively Hotz, Cave, Diplomat also works, but in this case the Diplomat needs some buffs as he's just a joke right now. In fact, he could use some buffs no matter the order.

Another alternative, change 'Kill Hotz' to 'Kill Kherab' and buff the reward? Althouth the Ice Queen gives a load of great stuff already...
Issue Details
Issue Number 3156
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r49
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone Potential work pipeline
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-17-2014 03:22 AM
Ancient Member
I agree that kill Hotz should be kill Kherab (or some other evil NPC... though there aren't many unless you want to kill ultra required NPCs). Having two quests to kill the same NPC doesn't make sense.

07-17-2014 04:24 AM
I agree that the third quest seems out of place and the reward trivial. But maybe it's jst a placeholder for future content? For example, it would make sense if the Queen had an interest in events of the new volcano levels.

Another very challenging third quest would be to bring Ygazz back across the wilderness to her throne room, and keep him alive along the way :-)

07-17-2014 09:06 AM
Ancient Member
To be honest, I always assumed that the current third quest was a placeholder, as it's quite an anticlimax.

Kherab could be an alternative but then the reward should be really good, as Kherab is a real beast that can kill very high level characters if they are not careful.

07-18-2014 12:39 PM
The order could do with changing definitely. The Frost Giants are a hell of a lot tougher than the diplomat, and he definitely needs a buff too. I can't see him being a melee tank but he should have decent hps and strength, and maybe a trick or two up his sleeve

+ Reply