Improved role of Mettalurgy.
issueid=3340 10-13-2014 05:14 AM
Number of reported issues by lan1967: 18
Improved role of Mettalurgy.
Mettalurgy skill affects metal ore drop.

Hello, dear players of Adom.
I wanted to offer simple idea how to improve generally useless skill Mettalurgy.
Characters with that skill may find more metal ore including precious sources of eternium between rocks than others. The possible bonus from that skill is 2x more found minerals than for players without skill like with Food preservation.
Thank you for your attention.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3340
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM r51
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-13-2014 02:19 PM
Maybe a simple fix for this would be that it gives you additional combat stats based on the metal used in your weapon (you know the material inside and out?) so you'd get like +1 to +5 to hit/damage per material level (iron, mirthril, admantium, eternium). So at 100 Metallurgy, that mirthril spear +2 1d8+4 turns into +7 1d8+9, for e xample

10-14-2014 03:32 PM
Metallurgy is something about ore melting. So possible role of this skill is more easier removal or rust, all ingots processed from ore are uncursed or blessed with better rate than without that skill. Also metallurgy can allow to fix that damn broken pickaxe and other broken weapons.

10-14-2014 06:45 PM
I think being able to remove rust would be included in a high Metallurgy skill, that kind of fits. :) Why would you need smithing for that?

I think it shouldn't add to hit and damage modifiers, but maybe some resistance to corrosion attacks from blobs?

+ Reply