Rethink determination of toughness (and possibly other stat's) potential.
issueid=1842 01-24-2013 05:30 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by SirTheta: 79
Rethink determination of toughness (and possibly other stat's) potential.
At the moment, the different in actual and potential toughness seems to be determined solely by your race. It should also consider your class.

From some extremely limited testing, it seems that the difference in actual potential toughness is determined solely/almost entirely by race, and not class. For example, I rolled a Gnome Wizard with 10 To and 17 P.To, while a Mist Elf Barbarian started with 11 To and 12 P.To. Having race as a primary factor is a good idea, but it should also be modified by your class, otherwise you get absurd situations like my example, where any frail Wizard on a moderately tough race can get much higher toughness than the toughest of the toughest classes on a frail race. Of course this is a two way street: not only would the potential for, say, a Beastfighter be upped, but the potential for a Wizard would go down.

I am not sure how stat potentials work in general, as I only looked at toughness, but it is quite plausible that some other stat potentials need to be looked at, as well.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1842
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 4
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 11
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 9
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

+ Reply