A way prevent the "Excessive summoning wrath exploit"
issueid=6452 01-31-2019 07:49 PM
Number of reported issues by Khnud: 1
A way prevent the "Excessive summoning wrath exploit"
You can gain unlimited piety without having to (O)ffer at altars

It is currently possible to pray repeatedly until your God is sufficiently angry to start summoning monsters (solars/holy slayers/greater daemons). This can be exploited if you can prevent the summoned monsters from reaching you (using for example the Unpick Axe to create walls around your character), and repeated praying at this level will eventually cause the character to gain excessive amounts of piety from the other two Gods the character isn't currently worshipping. My suggestion: When your piety level reaches an even lower threshold than the "summon monsters" one (which I think is at -20000 piety) the angry God stops summoning solars/holy slayers/greater daemons and instead shoots a death ray at the character. Even if you have resistance to death rays you'll still take considerable damage, so you can no longer keep on praying without dying.
Issue Details
Issue Number 6452
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 3.0.6
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-23-2019 08:35 PM
Ancient Member
I'd suggest simply not giving the full piety increase with the other gods if the character can't actually lose the full cost of the prayer (due to hitting the cap on negative piety). You'd still be able to a get a single crowning with the technique, but not much more than that - fair, I think, given the effort required.

+ Reply