Teleport to altar
issueid=2518 12-03-2013 02:48 PM
Number of reported issues by pipe: 13
Teleport to altar
There are now keys for teleporting to up/down stairs - why not add altar to this

When trying to get (pre/post)crowned I tend to want to move to the altar a lot, or generally when reaching a level with a known altar. I suggest that '_' would teleport you to the altar in the same way as '<' and '>' now does for stairs.

One could expand on this even further, but altars was really the only thing I found that made much sense. Possibly '&' for a forge, since that's also pretty permanent.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2518
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 6
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-03-2013 02:55 PM
Ancient Member
It could really be any symbol currently displayed on the screen.

12-03-2013 04:03 PM
Ancient Member
It's already annoying that teleport > and < staircase information takes so much on-screen space that it has to be broken into two messages.
Unless this is somehow reworked to be more streamlined, I'm against this.
If there were more choices while teleporting this would be even worse than it already is.

12-03-2013 04:43 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous
It's already annoying that teleport > and < staircase information takes so much on-screen space that it has to be broken into two messages.
I found that annoying too, but as a workaround you can add this under :supress in your adom.msg file:

Code:
Use [%s] and [%s] to move to the next up/down stairs.

12-20-2013 05:15 AM
Probably it's implied/obvious, but: if this is implemented, make the PC teleport just next to the altar, not directly on it.

12-20-2013 08:22 AM
Ancient Member
I think it would be fun to teleport directly on the altar and get instantly sacrificed.
It is a player's responsibility to avoid stepping on altars when he/she is not sure it's safe.
You can always pick a tile right next to altar after selecting it initially as teleport destination.

12-20-2013 08:29 AM
Ancient Member
I have to agree with Blasphemous here, the cursor has to jump to the altar itself. The player must then select where (s)he wants to teleport to. We can't have the game making these decisions for the player.

Unless the RNG always select a tile occupied by a monster if one is next to the altar.

+ Reply