Windows screenshots are blank in Fullscreen mode
issueid=4062 11-21-2015 02:03 PM
Number of reported issues by Esoteric Rogue: 11
Windows screenshots are blank in Fullscreen mode
Windows screenshots are blank when pressing PrintScreen in Fullscreen mode

Hmm. Obviously I don't know if this is rather a Windows issue than ADOM, but I've never noticed quite this problem before. Usually if PrintScreen doesn't work, the clipboard is simply empty, whereas in this case the clipboard is not empty.

When I press PrintScreen, I appear to get a blank image:
  • Using most websites and programs pastes a black image.
  • Using Paint.Net, it creates a larger-than-default completely transparent image (ie empty).

However, I was able to successfully take a screenshot using Steam's hotkey. (where Stream screenshots hard to use for inline forum posts)

PS: Actually, PSP also takes a completely black screenshot.

PS: Only in Fullscreen mode.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4062
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (Steam)
Status Not a Bug
Priority 7
Affected Version ADOM r63 (v2.0.2)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-21-2015 03:43 PM
Ancient Member
This happens with video players and other games too, it's related to how graphics rendering works. Print Screen can't capture everything, that's why Steam added the screenshot feature and programs like HyperSnap DX exist.

11-21-2015 09:57 PM
I experience this issue as well and want to see it fixed. But unfortunately it happens to other games in fullscreen as well so unlikely anything can be done for ADOM in particular.

11-22-2015 03:07 AM
NotEye has its own screen capturing feature (Ctrl+m g, if I remember correctly) and that should work properly in the fullscreen mode.

11-22-2015 04:03 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Scooter Fox
NotEye has its own screen capturing feature (Ctrl+m g, if I remember correctly) and that should work properly in the fullscreen mode.
Amazing, thanks everyone.

01-08-2016 11:01 AM
The Creator
The points outlined above are true. The NotEye way is the solution.

+ Reply