Uniques providing their services while in combat
issueid=1221 08-29-2012 07:45 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Stingray1: 97
Uniques providing their services while in combat

Currently Glod will teach smithing while he's fighting a 'pet'. This doesn't make sense. This is the only service I've tried, so can't comment on removing rust or training from Bart or Garth.

I think uniques that gives services shouldn't be able to / refuse to do so while in combat.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1221
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows XP
Status Implemented
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 1
Implemented Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 7
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-29-2012 07:58 PM
Ancient Member
Well, the PC can read books at the same time he's surrounded by monsters and blocking their attacks...

08-29-2012 08:00 PM
Quote Originally Posted by anon123
Well, the PC can read books at the same time he's surrounded by monsters and blocking their attacks...
You can even read while sleeping!

08-31-2012 05:11 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Kyreles
You can even read while sleeping!
That is so absurd I can't recall even trying it. It borders on a bug and should be reported.

08-31-2012 05:14 PM
Ancient Member
Maybe one should suggest that the pc has a drop in DV/PV while reading from books. As one can imagine he lays down his weapon and shield and focus on the book and not those attacking him.

08-31-2012 05:29 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1
That is so absurd I can't recall even trying it. It borders on a bug and should be reported.
I've never done that, but I would think you need to fall asleep in the middle of reading and answer yes when asked to keep on doing it, since you lose control of your character otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1
Maybe one should suggest that the pc has a drop in DV/PV while reading from books.
A DV reduction might be reasonable.

09-01-2012 03:26 AM
I've never done that, but I would think you need to fall asleep in the middle of reading and answer yes when asked to keep on doing it, since you lose control of your character otherwise.
Yeah, it's a known bug. Start reading a book while a jackelware is attacking you (maybe while doomed, so you're more likely to sleep) and when you fall asleep it asks you if you'd like to continue reading - and you can.

12-11-2012 12:10 PM
The Creator
Services also will be provided in the future as ADOM has no specific notion of "in combat". But doing stuff while asleep or paralyzed no longer works.

+ Reply