Special tiles for special levels.
issueid=4411 08-21-2016 11:49 PM
Number of reported issues by pjsb1: 21
Special tiles for special levels.
More special tilesets for the special areas.

This is just a request for more special tiles in areas like the chaos plane and the scintillating cave where right now they are just plain dungeon tiles and not special flashing tiles like in the ascii version.

I would also like to request that the entrance into the chaos plane have some sort of tile effect (if possible) because right now only the ascii version works where you have all those random tiles around you and such while andor drakon is talking. It would be very cool looking to have this in tile form as you're approaching the final boss.

I seem to recall someone saying that more tiles will arrive eventually but I didn't see an rfe for it where people could discuss and vote on the matter so I decided to make it.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4411
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Duplicate
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM r68 (v2.2.2)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users Ravenmore
Tags (none)

08-22-2016 07:07 AM
Ancient Member
@TB/JT: Assign me please :)

- Scintillating cave has it's own stub tileset ready (I call it a stub when there are 4 walls, 4 floors and some decorations. Works but gets boring fast). Might not have been added.
- Darkforge also has it's own tileset added that I change weekly while searching for the *right* look :P
- Dwarftown tiles are on my disk, somehow still haven't comitted them :o. Gotta fix that.

Still need:

- Chaos plane
[Your Suggestions Here]

Effects are up to Zeno. Right now I don't want to add animated tiles since our main goal ATM is performance, and adding animations goes the opposite way :P However, Zenos underwater/fire cave effects don't have a strong performance impact (I think) so maybe something like that will work.

09-05-2017 04:53 PM
Ancient Member
OK, for clarity:
- Closing this as duplicate since we have a broader ticket on the same subject opened by Thomas:
http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4024

I'll make sure to specify that the Chaos Plane needs to be nicely handled before we close that ticket :)

+ Reply