force people to write a message on an RFE before being able to place a vote
issueid=4093 11-24-2015 01:19 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
force people to write a message on an RFE before being able to place a vote

With a minimum length set. So we can see whether the reasoning is good or not. Sometimes people are reactionary, don't digest what is being proposed properly, or misunderstand what is being proposed and cast their vote on that basis (take this RFE of mine as one example)--this proposition would expose their poor reasoning, plus some people feel snubbed if their idea gets rejected without anyone displaying their reasoning; whether that's rational or not it would still stop feelings from getting hurt (someone over-reacted recently and asked for their account to be banned after such a rejection--their request was honored--while he chose to respond poorly I'd rather avoid such things as much as possible). Plus, who knows--some people might genuinely be trolling the votes--let's see how many rejections without explanation this one gets. :)

EDIT: And display in the vote-casters message-header which way they voted--if the vote wasn't sincere and earnest enough that they would stamp their name on it and stand up for it, then perhaps they don't feel strongly enough about it that they should be casting any votes.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4093
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 29
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-15-2021 09:04 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Kahran042
Downvoting to reduce excess noise and allow voter cowardice.
Fixed.

02-19-2021 05:00 PM
Ancient Member
I also prefer a discussion to simple voting. But only for RFEs that have a minimum of thought and effort put into them. Sadly however, there's a significant amount of RFEs that can hardly be considered as more than spam clogging up the place.
When I see stuff like this or this or (worse yet) those YASD-RFEs that more or less read "I just died from x, that's not fair, please change", it actually gives me hope to see no replies and several downvotes. Hope, that apparently there's others out there that feel the same way.

02-20-2021 06:57 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Cactus
I also prefer a discussion to simple voting. But only for RFEs that have a minimum of thought and effort put into them. Sadly however, there's a significant amount of RFEs that can hardly be considered as more than spam clogging up the place.
When I see stuff like this or this or (worse yet) those YASD-RFEs that more or less read "I just died from x, that's not fair, please change", it actually gives me hope to see no replies and several downvotes. Hope, that apparently there's others out there that feel the same way.
yar it is temted to lash out, bt thin kof the feefees man,ppl can't take the pwnage i mean they outlawed 'bitch' in adom for being sexist (wt, most nitches are prizon bitches and are male?) die die die die die forgot what i was sayin.

02-25-2021 11:50 PM
Ancient Member
You guys have been playing necromancers way too long. You must have reached level 50 thread necromancer and obtained the related class power "reanimate any corpse of a thread within a decade of the last activity".
Where's _Ln_ when you need one... to kill a necromancer barebacking a tension room of quickling queens on a cavernous level.

07-08-2022 07:22 PM
Voted no because auricbond have a really great skills to make really terrible RFE, and this one is another example.

And i still salty about 3645,
with passionable hate

09-05-2022 05:33 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by JagaJazzist
Voted no because auricbond have a really great skills to make really terrible RFE, and this one is another example.

And i still salty about 3645,
with passionable hate
Glad to hear you have a sense of humour.

+ Reply