Vile spirit request from Steam forums re: too many generating and a feature (version 62)
issueid=4053 11-21-2015 12:15 AM
Number of reported issues by raixel: 1
Vile spirit request from Steam forums re: too many generating and a feature (version 62)
A request to tweak VS generation

Original post from Steam forums regarding the Steam release. Request to be posted here by TheCreator.

I ran into a VS called Oblong. My first reaction was "Who the...is Oblong, I never had a PC named that..." Next was "OMG, theres other player's VSes running around."

Problem is, they run around EVERYWHERE, including the very early game levels, and they appear REALLY frequently. I saw one on every single level of the puppy cave 1-4, and I'm OP for the area, but one of them did serious damage to my lv 10PC (nearly creating yet another out of depth VS), I cant imagine a new PC trying to beat the 4 day timer dealing with that.

I propose a toggle like VS generation: (off) (your PCs only) (all players rare) (all players lots) or something like that.

Running into the occasional one is cool, especially when its one you recognize so I wish there was an option to have only your VSs...I dont want to turn them off completely.

The traditional "early game" areas shouldnt have them at all, you already die way too easy at low levels,

They should really only be in the mid to late game areas, and then rarely. Nethack doesnt allow bones levels on the first few dungeon levels, and they are uncommon to rare enough that finding one is a treat.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4053
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Implemented
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM r63 (v2.0.2)
Implemented Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Milestone Potential work pipeline
Votes for this feature 8
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

11-28-2015 03:32 PM
Issue Changed by jt
  • Milestone changed
  • User assignments modified

12-06-2015 08:56 AM
Issue Changed by adom-admin
  • Status changed from Suggested to Implemented
  • Issue marked as addressed
  • Addressed version changed from Unknown to ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)

+ Reply