May it be a light for you in Dark Places...
issueid=2923 05-02-2014 04:06 PM
Number of reported issues by theseus12: 32
May it be a light for you in Dark Places...

okay, I understand fully that the phial utilizes PP to work. However, even if you have, like, 123 PP (like a gray elven wizard I had once), and "u"sed it, it will drain all your PP to fuel it. I would like to suggest one of two alternatives to this, as Wizards generally need their PP

1.) Set a power drain cap to Thirty. It still uses the same ability, but it will only drain up to 30 PP, thus allowing spellcaster characters, or anyone else with high PP to be selective about it.

2.) Choose your own PP. This function will work in the same manner as a WoFS, except instead of a ray of death, so to speak, it will be a ball of light that flares up, for when all other lights go out.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2923
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-02-2014 06:13 PM
Ancient Member
Don't wizards(and other casters) generally have the light spell to compensate?

05-02-2014 06:58 PM
Ancient Member
I say it should deal damage to all chaotic beings when used, the amount of damage would depend on how much PP was used.
That way you could actually make a useful artifact out of it other than 100% ratling fodder, and for all classes too.
I don't even use it to disable humanoids as I normally have a bunch of other means to do that without having to slay 3 digits of gremlins to get it.

05-02-2014 07:25 PM
Ancient Member
I love the Phial as it is, it has 5 very useful uses. Thank you.

05-02-2014 08:14 PM
Ancient Member
While the amount of PP that the Phial uses to cast light does seem a bit excessive, I'm inclined to agree with Stingray on this one. Considering how easy the phial is to get and how good it is already for the difficulty, I don't think it needs any substantial buff.

05-06-2014 10:03 AM
The Creator
Works as intended.

+ Reply