RFE: Remove the Mouse Controls!!!!
issueid=4010 11-18-2015 04:49 PM
Number of reported issues by theseus12: 32
RFE: Remove the Mouse Controls!!!!

I kinda already hashed this out slightly with the Creator. But I was wondering. How would everyone feel about an OPTIONAL choice in the settings menu to disable the mouse controls entirely. You would have to go to the menu in order to do it, so there's no way the key could interfere with in-game commands. and the option is very simple. It allows you to enable or disable mouse controls. Thoughts?

EDIT: Curses! I meant to send this as a suggestion, not a bug report. Anyways, I still want your thoughts on it. You guys will just have to say yay or nay on the matter, instead of just voting, seeing as I STUPIDLY made that not an option.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4010
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 8 (Steam)
Status Suggested
Priority 3
Suggested Version ADOM r61
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone Modernized ADOM UI
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users jt, Zeno
Tags (none)

11-18-2015 04:58 PM
Isn't there one already? There's a Mouse Control option in ADOM Deluxe that I've already used once (unless I was dreaming?), although presumably the mouse is still moveable and it may not turn off everything.

11-18-2015 05:11 PM
In the NOTEYE controls, yes. But they aren't toggleable in the settings menu

EDIT: That, and the NOTEYE controls, for me, don't actually disable the mouse controls

11-18-2015 05:14 PM
Ah, well - in that case, this makes sense. If not, maybe at least the NotEYE option should be saved globally on exit (along with a few other things that need this, like the [more] prompt setting and the HUD position).

11-18-2015 06:01 PM
I have found it a problem where I switch focus to my second monitor and then to get focus back to ADOM, I usually click on the game, and sometimes this now has significant consequences (eg I picked a random talent while trying to regain focus). It would be nice if I could turn it off. I never dug through the noteye controls and tried that option, though.

11-18-2015 09:00 PM
Big YES. Some graphical screens don't have letters and tile highlight / direction arrows never disapper.
One more reason to play classic version.

+ Reply