Stone to Flesh
issueid=1925 02-10-2013 08:30 PM
Number of reported issues by plllizzz9: 14
Stone to Flesh

So, with all the focus Adom 1.2 will place on those rare magic statues, wouldn't it be nice to make the Petrification spell a little more interesting? What I'm thinking of is Stone-To-Flesh type of spell that could reanimate creatures turned to statues or animate the various magical statues that will be/already are present in the ADOMverse

As for for uses, the main one would be probably transportation issues with slower companions falling behind a fast traveling character using 7LB, greater speed, class powers or teleportation to get around - as primary use, you could Petrify allied monsters, pack them up and just un-Petrify [still friendly] at place of destination. As second use, it'd work on the BugVille statues and player statuse, maybe generating a boss monster of a fitting type? I understand coding bosses for all statues would be a drag - but since we can assume those statues are images, not the actual heroes themselves, a corresponding monster type would work pretty much as well

And the third use would be as an emergency food source [with ''emergency'' with some really huge quotemarks] - turning stone weapons and huge rocks into equivalent weight of raw meat pieces. when used on singular rocks, it'd just give a message of sorts ['The rock turns into some bloody mess']
Issue Details
Issue Number 1925
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 11
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-10-2013 08:31 PM
Ah, and since Petrify is a pretty hard to learn, adding scrolls of petrify and wands of animation would probably extend this feature beyond the grasp of spellcasting classes

02-10-2013 08:47 PM
Ancient Member
As for for uses, the main one would be probably transportation issues with slower companions falling behind a fast traveling character using 7LB, greater speed, class powers or teleportation to get around - as primary use, you could Petrify allied monsters, pack them up and just un-Petrify [still friendly] at place of destination.
I wouldn't want to be friends with someone like that :)

I like this a lot, but I wonder whether it's one of those things "better left for ADOM II", i.e. if it's possible to do it without significant coding work. Another good feature that I'd like to see in the game, but which has the same potential drawback, would be polymorphing.

02-10-2013 09:25 PM
Dang, that sounds rad. I'd like to see this in ADOM or ADOM II someday. Hopefully both if it isn't too much work. :)

+ Reply