Trap Creation
issueid=1939 02-13-2013 03:40 PM
Number of reported issues by plllizzz9: 14
Trap Creation

Another suggestion, this time about changing the Class Power at level 12 for Thieves. I can see from where the 'stronger backstab' type of thing comes for a Rouge-based character, but for a class so focused on avoiding combat, I think a more 'sneaky' ability would be nice, and with the new trap generating mechanic, the pit+blanket mechanic no longer generating any other types of traps, it'd be a nice addition. The thing putting it above a wand of trap creation would be ability to chose the type of trap generated. As for a limiting mechanic, I'm thinking something alike draining a charge or using up a type of wand related to generating the trap of choice [with some exceptions for certain types of traps]. How do I see it?

A list of traps similar to the undead list for necromancers popping up with added costs [more types of traps unlock as character levels up]:

>pit trap - no cost except using up some time
>fireball trap - wand of fire
>teleport trap - wand of teleport
>acid trap - wand of acid
>stone trap - wand of digging [?]
>light trap - wand of light
>snake pit - wand of monster creation
>alarm trap - wand of monster detection [?]
>water trap - pretty useless against monsters anyway, didn't think on it too much

there are also spear and arrow traps, either way, those were only first thought of a mechanic. Suggestions how to streamline it and make it work better are very welcome
Issue Details
Issue Number 1939
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 7
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 11
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone Potential work pipeline
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-13-2013 03:42 PM
Awww, damn, I posted it as a bug - this was supposed to be a feature request, obviously

02-13-2013 04:00 PM
Ancient Member
There has been another feature request to let a blessed wand of trap creation create a trap type of your choice. I'm sorry but I like that idea better, for two reasons:

1. It used to be possible to create a trap of your choice with any wand of trap creation before trap types were randomized.
2. Thieves can't avoid combat in the end and they really need any little bonus they do get. Their bonus to backstabbing is stylish, fun and good for game balance too. I wouldn't like to see it gone.

+ Reply