[balance] Some corruptions redesign
issueid=1402 12-08-2012 07:57 PM
Number of reported issues by cyrilverba: 7
[balance] Some corruptions redesign
Slight redesign of corruptions

Most corruptions now make you an utterly disgusting being (lower your CHA and AP substantially). Can we shift the focus a bit to mental attributes? E.g. I find a babbling mouth corruption.. I don't know, not in the spirit of the game? It could be a sinister voice in your head revealing dark secrets and swaying you to an evil path (-WI, random confusion, +LE, cast spells, draws the PC to C-). The same with tentacles - according to the description these things are not concealable and should make normal interaction with NPC impossible - can we make them a bit less.. well, physically apparent?
Issue Details
Issue Number 1402
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 7
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-08-2012 09:19 PM
Ancient Member
Somewhat unrelated, but I think -15 Ap for the tentacled mouth corruption is too hefty.

02-17-2013 08:52 AM
Rather than changing existing corruptions (I like them all in their current form), I suggest adding new ones. Thomas has expressed support for adding even more corruptions to the current roster. You can discuss ideas in this thread and then post them to the tracker as feature requests separate from this one.

02-17-2013 11:27 AM
Ancient Member
The babbling mouth corruption has quickly become my favorite corruption. I don't see why you think it's not in the spirit of the game. It's obviously ChAoTiC, it doesn't break balance, it provides a good risk/reward tradeoff, and it's fun!

02-17-2013 12:25 PM
I think OP means it in a way 'why would ANYONE talk to those people' - some corruptions, especially stacked, make you look so grotesque it's a bit odd the townsfolk doesn't just run away in panic.

+ Reply