Give chaos knights a balor pet
issueid=1394 12-07-2012 06:49 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grey: 58
Give chaos knights a balor pet
A slightly more fun level 50 power...

The current level 50 power for chaos knights isn't hugely exciting. It's weird and cool, like the other chaotic bonuses, but it comes on top of an already PV-laden class and at a stage in the game where most dangerous things punch through PV.

So... how about a balor pet instead? Having had a balor pet from a scroll of familiar summoning in the past I can confirm they are FUN! Good damage, teleporting, summoning critters, etc. Really cool pet to have around (though potentially very dangerous if they turn on you). Would make D50 bizarre and exciting.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1394
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 6
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 6
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-08-2014 04:11 PM
Ancient Member
Only if those balors can't actually summon stuff. I wouldn't want a balor summoning cave lions that would clog the level, run around it and risk getting acid balled or accidentally shot or whatever.
Some other monsters might be summoned that would be undesirable I think.

(Thread necromancer strikes again)

01-08-2014 04:42 PM
Ancient Member
Pets can turn on you, but PV is forever.

01-08-2014 04:57 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by anon123
Pets can turn on you, but PV is forever.
Or at least for one turn.

01-09-2014 10:05 AM
All class abilities seem to provide something flavorful and permanent to the PC; it would seem to me that this would be out of place as is, a one-time effect. I like the concept though.

Perhaps an ability to summon chaos creatures, with stat + corruption costs that depend on what you summon, but with no control over on WHAT you summon. Let's say you get Chaos Rat/Lizard for 1 corruption and low stat loss, and a balor for, dunno, 5-10 corruptions and heavy stat loss. The costs could be balanced appropriately, and would not be reduced by the other class power concerning corruption.

The lore would be something like "You are now able to summon and command your chaos denizens at will". The reasoning would be that the summoning process is very rough on your body and mind, as you have to connect with ChAoS to do so. Given that ChAoS is, well, chaotic, you can't predict what you'll summon (which goes in flavor with the randomness of the other class powers), however it'll only be chaos creatures.

01-09-2014 10:39 AM
Ancient Member
I don't know. Balors are kind of the pets of ChAoS gOds and not mere knights.

01-09-2014 09:58 PM
By that logic, a Chaos Knight could never kick the ass of an Elder Chaos God, but then again there's ADOM :P.

+ Reply