RFE: Make the requirements for plutonium man more severe
issueid=3757 07-20-2015 11:15 AM
Number of reported issues by Bieks: 47
RFE: Make the requirements for plutonium man more severe
I got the achievement on my first regular win in R58

95% of all monsters killed seems like a pretty big thing, but in the end this is an achievement that seems to award itself for simply winning the game. The old style of this challenge game was killing absolutely everything you can except mutually exclusive monsters. I would like to see the bar raised, most preferrably to 100% of all non-unique monsters in the game.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3757
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 9
Suggested Version ADOM r59
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 9
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-18-2015 09:42 PM
Something is definitely not right when I got this achievement with 30k speedrun while killing <2000 monsters in total :). Either Bieks is right and requirement needs to be a lot more severe or there is a bug somewhere.

11-18-2015 10:20 PM
Presumably there was a reason for the original change - some monster types spawning to such a low extent that it was almost impossible to complete, which isn't incredible for a global Steam achievement, perhaps?
Or maybe it's just those cats.
A second achievement could alternatively be added to the roster for near-100% kill rates - Classic Plutonium Man, maybe. Neptunium Man?

11-18-2015 11:05 PM
There's what, 3-400 non-unique monsters in ADOM? 99% would be really grindy, maybe 98% would be a good goal?

11-18-2015 11:07 PM
Ancient Member
This achievement is almost certainly bugged, IMHO.

[edit]One possibility to make this achievement less grindy would be to allow it to span multiple characters--you get the achievement when you've killed one of every monster, including mutually exclusive ones, but on your account, not on an individual character.

11-18-2015 11:10 PM
Current problem is that it is a challenge to win and not get this achievement :). There are, I think, 431 monsters in ADOM. If the threshold is set to 1%, it would make plutonium rather difficult but give some slack with regard to ki-rins, eternium golems and djinnies.

Alternatively Plutonium does not have to be tied to winning. As soon as player kills 95% the achievement is unlocked.

11-18-2015 11:18 PM
Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer
One possibility to make this achievement less grindy would be to allow it to span multiple characters--you get the achievement when you've killed one of every monster, including mutually exclusive ones, but on your account, not on an individual character.
I like this plan. It echoes the post in between as well.

+ Reply