p14 somehow randomly quitting during game?
issueid=2238 07-14-2013 01:11 PM
Number of reported issues by Joe: 7
p14 somehow randomly quitting during game?
Been playing p14 for a while now. It suddenly quit without any recognizable reason?!

So I'm happily clearing the library with my extremely imba human wizard who was about to win a neutral ultra. While clearing the hidden southern corridor with books the game suddenly is gone and I'm looking at my desktop. Not any message was generated or something :(
Can't recall I was fighting anything special in particular. But on the other hand I was pretty much afraid of nothing and there is lots of special monsters in the library so maybe it's monster-related or something...

Character lost. Lvl 40, wish to spare, all stats 40+ (except 1 appearance), immune to all elements, everything set for ultra. Already had all orbs + needle + medal of chaos. I was looking forward to attempting a GUV with 1 lich emperor on D46 as I had no trouble at all with Lich kings so far.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2238
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows XP (NotEye)
Status Cannot Reproduce
Priority 8
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 14
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-14-2013 02:28 PM
Ancient Member
Ouch :(
Closing the NotEye window will close both it and ADOM without warning - if you aren't playing fullscreen or with the NotEye window minimized it's possible for a single accidental click to end your game. Perhaps that's what happened?

07-14-2013 08:17 PM
I always play fullscreen so that can't be it :(

07-27-2013 01:49 PM
Administrator
I'm sorry about the loss of your character... but it's impossible to know what exactly happened. Prerelease 15 has far better error output which should help in such a case.

+ Reply