infinite inventory mode
issueid=4516 10-05-2016 08:10 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
infinite inventory mode

You can turn off hunger, would make sense to allow turning off inventory limitations as well.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4516
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r72 (v2.2.6)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 8
Votes against this feature 7
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-05-2016 08:14 PM
Ancient Member
Inventory is already unlimited for all practical purposes. Do people really need to carry more trash?

10-05-2016 09:17 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer
Inventory is already unlimited for all practical purposes.
What on earth are you talking about?

10-05-2016 09:47 PM
Ancient Member
Yay! Hoard mode!

10-05-2016 10:31 PM
Next time I expect to see RFE on this forum for an option to turn off monsters and any obstacles on the way to the gate... With words 'hey, we already have an option to turn off hunger, corruption, weight limit... why not?'

Come on! If you really need to carry all that junk - find a way. Game offers more than one way to increase capacity already... You have talents, gear, spells (with an option to book cast infinitely), St isn't that hard to train...

10-05-2016 10:52 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by ixi
Next time I expect to see RFE on this forum for an option to turn off monsters and any obstacles on the way to the gate... With words 'hey, we already have an option to turn off hunger, corruption, weight limit... why not?'

Come on! If you really need to carry all that junk - find a way. Game offers more than one way to increase capacity already... You have talents, gear, spells (with an option to book cast infinitely), St isn't that hard to train...
Are you saying that limitless inventory is on a different order of helpfulness compared to no corruptions or hunger? The premise of a deluxe version is the inclusion of such modes to appease a certain category of player, and it just looks like a stark omission not to have it. I'm guessing you wouldn't turn off corruption or hunger either, and would be against the implementation of those modes as well if they didn't already exist--but the creator already agrees that a deluxe version is warranted and for consistencies sake it should cater to all possibilities. No monsters is not comparable, that's removing the gameplay entirely.

And the justification isn't so you can vacuum up junk, but to mass-id potential ego items.

10-05-2016 10:55 PM
Ancient Member
Weight limit is pretty similar to hunger; no significant effect on difficulty, but somewhat annoying. In general, I think these settings are pointless, but this proposal is no sillier than the existing hunger/corruption toggles.

10-06-2016 10:04 AM
Ancient Member
What's with the "stop having fun" attitude towards difficulty settings? Because of you party-poopers we are stuck with 42 wishes in exploration mode.

Upvoted.

10-06-2016 12:13 PM
There were times when everyone had to discover secrets, game mechanics and the story trough normal gameplay...

It's just hard to accept it is gone with explonation mode, difficulty settings and story mode...

10-06-2016 12:49 PM
Ancient Member
There were times when everyone had to discover secrets, game mechanics and the story trough normal gameplay...

It's just hard to accept it is gone with explonation mode, difficulty settings and story mode...
That entirely depends on the player. Not every player wants to be 'spoiled' but to each his own. Whatever gives people the most fun.

10-06-2016 01:56 PM
Ancient Member

There is plenty mechanics stuff which we don't really know despite explomode and Co. in other words feel free to contribute to these discoveries

10-06-2016 02:23 PM
Ancient Member
This seems stronger than no hunger and weaker than no corruption.
I.e. It's in line with the other tweaks, and it's a custom game setting.

This should definitely be an option, voted YES.

10-06-2016 04:24 PM
Why not?

I doubt I'd play with any of the hunger/monster/xp/corruption and the now proposed inventory custom rules, personally.

That doesn't mean we can't add it as a completely optional custom rule for those who'd like to not worry about carry weights. I'll agree with _Ln_ here.

Some people here could do with opening their minds a tiny bit and accepting that what you personally don't care about, others might like.

10-06-2016 06:20 PM
Ancient Member
Also just like turning UP monster difficulty, this would allow the option to restrict inventory more than normal (Either a multiplier or some hard limits, like a 100s limit or 1000s limit)

10-14-2016 08:59 PM
Ancient Member
If there are modes for no hunger and no corruption, I don't see why there shouldn't be this. In fact, I don't use the no-hunger or no-corruption modes, but I might even use this occassionally as the inventory weight limit is more of a UI annoyance than a real problem, at least in the mid-late game.

10-14-2016 09:50 PM
Ancient Member
I assume you'd still have to respect weight limits for ice bridges and quickling tree?

+ Reply