Suggestions For The Character Creation Process
issueid=633 11-15-2011 11:31 PM
Number of reported issues by MITZE: 37
Suggestions For The Character Creation Process
Change where in the process name selection is, and some other things.

I suspect I'm the only person whom this bugs, but having name selection before race/gender/profession selection is somewhat annoying because I like coming up with names that match the character. With where name selection is now, using the random race/gender/profession option conflicts with this kind of roleplay, so I'm requesting that the character creation process be reordered in such a way so that it is more similar to ADoM. Specifically, move name selection to where it was in ADoM--make it the last thing you do before you start the game.

Additionally, when using the random race/gender/profession option, you have no indication of what your race/gender/profession could be until you get to the skill selection screen, and no confirmation of what it is until you get to the actual game (actually, there is no way to see what the PC's gender is in-game as far as I can tell. The best one can do is save and see what it is on the "Restore a saved game" screen...). Can there be a statement of what race/gender/profession has randomly been selected for you on the screen following the selection?
Issue Details
Issue Number 633
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category UI
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM II 0.2.3
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-24-2011 11:12 AM
Although I wasn't too bothered by the new order, I do prefer the name input at the end of the character creation process.

+ Reply