New skill system is unintuitive
issueid=4942 09-15-2017 12:26 AM
Number of reported issues by pjsb1: 21
New skill system is unintuitive
I did not understand the new skill system and thought I had no or few skills.

UPDATE 3 : Well I finally figured out this is intended behavior, should have read the patch notes more closely. This seems like a helpful change but it was greatly confusing for a short amount of time as you can tell by my previous statements, I suppose people will just have to get used to it. I also suspect that I will not be the last person to post this "bug" report.

I've made several characters with metallurgy and they either have only metallurgy or they have metallurgy and one other skill. Very strange bug, easily reproducible.

UPDATE : There are tons of characters that just don't have skills for whatever reason. Very strange. I even had a character with skills and then made the same type of character and it had no skills.

UPDATE 2 : Apparently just pressing "a" only shows one or two skills for whatever reason and pressing "shift+a" shows them all. I don't know if this is intended but it's un-intuitive. This also didn't happen with the first character I made so it's very strange overall.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4942
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Fixed Version ADOM 2.3.1
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 3
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-15-2017 12:30 AM
Issue Changed by pjsb1
  • Title changed from Metallurgy breaks skills. to Skills are broken.
  • summary changed from If you have Metallurgy then you have up to one other skill and no more. to Many characters have very few skills.

09-15-2017 12:35 AM
Issue Changed by pjsb1
  • Title changed from Skills are broken. to Pressing "a" only brings up one or two skills, pressing "shift+a" shows all of them.
  • summary changed from Many characters have very few skills. to Title.

09-15-2017 12:40 AM
Issue Changed by pjsb1
  • Title changed from Pressing "a" only brings up one or two skills, pressing "shift+a" shows all of them. to New skill system is unintuitive
  • summary changed from Title. to I did not understand the new skill system and thought I had no or few skills.

09-15-2017 04:18 PM
Issue Changed by adom-admin
  • Status changed from Unconfirmed to Not a Bug

09-15-2017 11:08 PM
  • Status changed from Not a Bug to In Progress

09-16-2017 10:13 AM
  • Status changed from In Progress to Fixed
  • Issue marked as addressed
  • Addressed version changed from Unknown to ADOM 2.3.1

+ Reply