Spawn Rates in SMC Should Not Decrease
issueid=3877 09-10-2015 10:38 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by JellySlayer: 114
Spawn Rates in SMC Should Not Decrease

One of the current achievements in the Eternium Man, which requires the PC to get to level 50 entirely in the SMC. Setting aside for a moment whether or not this challenge is possible at all without scripts, there's a problem that it is essentially impossible to complete this challenge conventionally (ie. just be straight levelling) because the rate of monster generation decays over time. After spending ~20000 turns in the SMC, if you manage to live that long, you'll find that you'll only see maybe 1 monster every couple hundred turns or more (enough that you can basically search the entire level and maybe find 1 monster), whereas at onset, new monsters seem to spawn essentially continuously. Because of this, getting passed about level 20 or so will take forever and you'll end up either being corrupted to death or starved to death.

So, if Eternium Man is to remain one of the achievements, I think it makes sense that the spawn rate in the SMC remain the same regardless of how long you spend on the level.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3877
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM r61
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-14-2015 03:21 PM
Ancient Member
I have had this happen on PC:5 and BVL too. I'm sure it's a bug.

09-14-2015 04:49 PM
Ancient Member
Happens when you are livesacing things to get a precrown.
I have learned to occasionally descend/ascend and then return to the level to continue.
That seems to reset monster generation and it returns to normal... for a time.
Rinse and repeat.

+ Reply