Monsters transformed by corruption traps act faster than they should
issueid=6320 09-23-2018 03:53 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grond: 971
Monsters transformed by corruption traps act faster than they should

A 100 speed wild cat was transformed into a writhing mass of primal chaos by a corruption trap. According to both blessed stethoscope and monster memory, the writhing mass is also 100 speed. When moving away from it with a 100 speed character, it is usually able to follow and attack. When waiting next to it, it often gets two rounds of attacks. Spending a turn outside the level seems to fix the issue. Save file attached.
Issue Details
Issue Number 6320
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (Steam)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 4
Affected Version ADOM 3.3.0
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

01-04-2019 05:16 AM
Ancient Member
I would vote to increase the priority of this bug. Having to face a WMoPC in the early game (potentially as soon as you step into the first dungeon) is already a major disaster. Now they seem to act at something like 200 speed, that's usually just game over.

01-17-2019 02:33 AM
I'm unsure of the nature of the bug (added speed vs multiplicated speed?) but I had a PC recently assaulted by a VERY HIGH speed WMoPC. This one moved and attacked a LOT more than expected (wish I had the logs). I assumed it was a quickling royalty transformed into one, but it sounds as if something like this might make more sense.

This is on 3.3.2 too.

+ Reply