More of a request than a feature
issueid=292 07-19-2011 10:57 PM
Number of reported issues by VectorX: 22
More of a request than a feature

Can you please disable cursed items until we have a way to uncurse them? I find myself going through dungeons and trying things on only to find them cursed and unable to unequip them. While normally in ADOM this wouldn't be too horrible because I could find a scroll of uncursing or dip them in holy water, I cannot currently do either in JADE. I find my character plagued with all cursed equipment (most of which are horrible).
Issue Details
Issue Number 292
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Suggested
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version JADE 0.1.3
Implemented Version JADE 0.1.3
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-20-2011 09:14 AM
Kill him off and start a new one ;)

I don't know if it was actually changed or not, but the frequency of cursed items seems (to me, at least) drastically reduced in 0.1.2 (compared to 0.1.0). It is a pain, but characters don't last long anyway since there's not much to do at the moment ;)

07-20-2011 09:17 AM
I've also noticed that items drop and spawn WAY more than ADOM. Almost 1000% more. Once I get to the bottom of 3 levels in any dungeon, I have to pick and choose things to pick up and hold. Which bring about another note, can you please put in the carry ability of the character? The game tells us when we're overburdened or struggling and the weight in stones, but not the recommended max.

+ Reply