Old ADOM key binds
issueid=291 07-19-2011 09:46 PM
Number of reported issues by VectorX: 22
Old ADOM key binds
A throwback to ye olde days

I was just thinking about how useful it would be (especially after having looked at my other feature posts about key binds) if there was simply an option in the game to use a modified ADOM key bind setup instead of me asking for the new key binds to be changed back to the old style. I know this is a lot of work, but I feel like it would open up the game and make it easier for both new players who never tried ADOM and for loyal players who played ADOM until they died enough times to have their own mini-tribute graveyard for ADOM heroes. Granted, some new features in JADE would require their own new key binds, but I'm sure there are enough open keys right?
Issue Details
Issue Number 291
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category UI
Status Rejected
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version JADE 0.1.3
Implemented Version JADE 0.1.3
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-12-2011 11:06 PM
The Creator
I don' think we need this feature. For JADE 0.1.3 I have already fixed incorrect key bindings and my intention is to map all commands to the relevant ADOM key bindings in the future if nothing else has changed. We will see how this works out (the main problem nowadays being the missing numerical keypad on almost all notebooks - really a shame).

+ Reply