Targeting moves in two tile jumps
issueid=5357 10-17-2017 12:34 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Soirana: 41
Targeting moves in two tile jumps
as per title

So, apparently if you target empty space and use arrows sometimes each move moves aim by two tiles. I could not locate the trigger for this nonsense yet.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5357
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 8 (Steam)
Status Fixed
Priority 7
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.5
Fixed Version ADOM 2.3.6
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-17-2017 12:41 PM
The Creator
Could your mouse or touchpad somehow be involved?

BTW, in graphical mode you no longer should need targetting as the tool tips show display the same information and left-clicking should fire missiles (in most cases).

10-17-2017 12:55 PM
Ancient Member
I don't think mouse is involved - then it glitches it always jumps two squares (10+commands in a row). I get same results on the 'l'ook command too.

10-17-2017 01:55 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
BTW, in graphical mode you no longer should need targetting as the tool tips show display the same information and left-clicking should fire missiles (in most cases).
<offtopic>It would be nice to keep graphical mode and mouse controls separate entities. Since the closed release I'm enjoying the tile mode, but I'm not planning to use mouse for ADOM</offtopic>

My personal experience + observations from Discord folks:

Turning NumLock on allows you to move look cursor normally (i.e. by 1 tile), but prevents you from using diagonal directions.
Without NumLock all numpad buttons work ok, but move the cursor two tiles.

Base digit-keys work normally for both the cursor and normal actions.

10-17-2017 02:08 PM
Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_
Turning NumLock on allows you to move look cursor normally (i.e. by 1 tile), but prevents you from using diagonal directions.
Without NumLock all numpad buttons work ok, but move the cursor two tiles.

Base digit-keys work normally for both the cursor and normal actions.
I was also able to reproduce this. But for me it is the opposite (are you sure you haven't switched the 2 cases?):

NumLock ON: moves 2 tiles upon pressing Num2, Num4, Num6, Num8; 1 tile on Num1, Num3, Num7, Num9
NumLock OFF: moves 1 tile upon pressing Num2, Num4, Num6, Num8; doesn't move on Nume1, Num3, Num7, Num9

This seems to happen consistently. All other methods of navigating (regular number keys, arrow keys) work properly, regardless of the state of NumLock.

IMPORTANT: This happens also in ASCII mode, so it is not tiles-mode specific.

(Windows 10, Steam Beta (version 2.3.5))

10-17-2017 05:02 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Taederias
I was also able to reproduce this. But for me it is the opposite (are you sure you haven't switched the 2 cases?)
Hmm, possible, I need to check again with my keyboard. The point was mostly that NumLock seems to matter.

10-24-2017 10:15 AM
Administrator
Fixed by Zeno.

+ Reply