Defensive bonus for being invisible
issueid=67 07-26-2008 07:06 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Nezur: 13
Defensive bonus for being invisible
Invisibility should help evade attacks

In my opinion invisible beings should be harder to hit since one cannot locate them precisely (without the See Invisible intrinsic or the like). Attacking them with missiles would be very very difficult. Some spells might have a chance to miss too (depending on the size of the area they affect). Ball spells and the like would work always because they fill a large area with magical matter that cannot be evaded.
Issue Details
Issue Number 67
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Unknown
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-31-2008 05:47 PM
Well... how does your suggestion differ from what was implemented in ADOM?

[edit] Oh, I see. Well, then there must be possibility for spells to miss even visible enemy? Like, quickling might be able to dodge fire bolt even in corridors, while something large like moloch would be hit with 100% prob.

Personally I dislike this idea.

07-31-2008 05:57 PM
Ancient Member
In ADOM if you hit the enemy in melee they can hit you back just as well as they would when you're visible. You can also hit invisible beings and cast spells on them with ease as long as you figure out the square they are currently on. This feature would change that.

07-31-2008 06:03 PM
Uh, sorry for editing post for so long... Wasn't it difficult enough in ADOM? About fighting back - well, if somebody hit me from NW, I can just swing sword in that direction, hoping to hit it.

07-31-2008 06:20 PM
Ancient Member
I think you cannot aim accurately at invisible beings - you just have to guess where they currently are. They don't "fill" the squares completely. Of course the defensive bonus could be inversely proportional to the size of the being but on the other hand I guess large beings should be easier to hit anyhow.

This wouldn't make the game more difficult since invisible beings are fairly rare and this would apply also to the PC. I also proposed some ways to detect invisible beings in other feature suggestion.

07-31-2008 07:02 PM
Hmm. OK, I agree with you - but I just somehow dislike idea about missing/failing spells.

+ Reply