Dual Wielding in JADE
issueid=677 11-24-2011 05:55 AM
Number of reported issues by CloudKing: 1
Dual Wielding in JADE

Dual wielding as it is in ADOM is considered to be an inferior means of combat. I have always felt this to be an injustice to those of us who are true dual wielding enthusiasts.(I believe that a certain famous dark elf (Drizzt Do'urden) might be rolling over in his grave.lol). So my humble request to the creator (keeping in mind that his superior CRPG wisdom is always regarded) is to make dual wielding a MORE viable option in JADE.
Issue Details
Issue Number 677
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Unknown
Status Suggested
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version ADOM II 0.2.3
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-24-2011 08:17 AM
It already is. Try it: Start with a dual wielding tinker (they get an axe and a pickaxe to start with).
Shields do not bring so much benefit as in Adom though... time to change tactics!

On this topic, it seems that penalties for dual wielding are currently not applied - or am I wrong?

04-21-2012 06:48 AM
Looks like this one's already been implemented... if anything, dual wielding is currently overpowered. Simple demonstration, mentioned elsewhere...

1: Play as Troll
2: Dual wield staves
3: Ignore all attacks
4: ???
5: Win the game

Where the balance should be is hard to say, but stuff like weapon type should be considered (daggers and such should be much easier to offhand, and certain combinations work better then others... probably encourage using a different type in each hand), and it should be done in a fairly transparent way (using this weapon with that weapon gives you these base adjustments to your accuracy, damage, and dv; and here's the bonuses you get to all that from your current level of the dual wield skill, rather like the tactics screen)

04-27-2012 11:26 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Orbic
It already is. Try it: Start with a dual wielding tinker (they get an axe and a pickaxe to start with).
Shields do not bring so much benefit as in Adom though... time to change tactics!

On this topic, it seems that penalties for dual wielding are currently not applied - or am I wrong?
I agree - dual wielding seems to be turned ON as the default.

06-25-2012 06:08 PM
I'm playing 0.2.8, and when I hit the 'a'pply a skill and select "Fighting with two weapons" I always get the message "You need to wield at least two melee weapons for this skill to be useful!" Although weapon marks increase as expected, and it seems like increasing the dual wielding skill has the desired effect, I continue to get this error message regardless of what weapons I'm holding.

+ Reply