Tomb of the High Kings Underground Lake Water isn't red (in NotEye)
issueid=2658 01-20-2014 12:18 AM
Number of reported issues by Dogbreath: 74
Tomb of the High Kings Underground Lake Water isn't red (in NotEye)
The water in the underground lake is blue in the graphical version

As you can see in the attached screenshot, the underground lake in the Tomb of the High Kings is ordinary blue in the graphical version. This should be changed to red, or at least depict piranhas. Luckily, the mini-map is still red, but any unspoiled player wouldn't have much of a clue that anything was fishy until it was too late.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2658
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 20
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 5
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-20-2014 11:07 AM
I prefer it this way. Look into the lake and you will see...

01-20-2014 11:15 AM
It's obviously colored red in the ASCII for a reason. Keeping buggy behavior in the game because you prefer it the more difficult way is... well, actually fairly normal unfortunately. *sigh*

01-21-2014 08:41 AM
Sorry, nothing to do with difficulty - it was purely an aesthetics comment ;)

01-21-2014 05:29 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Orbic
Sorry, nothing to do with difficulty - it was purely an aesthetics comment ;)
Aesthetic-wise it makes more sense to be red since it is filled with the blood of many monsters being torn apart by piranhas..

01-21-2014 10:06 PM
As an addition to this, things that once were different such as the black unicorn's grove look exactly the same as all other trees and grass now.

I assume and hope these things will eventually be "fixed". I'd also hope for some more variety in dungeon walls eventually now even if ascii always had the same symbol.

01-21-2014 10:23 PM
In addition Chaos planes and Andor Drakon plane must have at minimum the same effect like the karmic creatures because in noteye they look like ordinary rooms/dungeons. The top level of ToEF also could have little change to the tiles

03-12-2014 01:30 AM
This is still an issue. (noticed Zeno fixing other ones)

03-12-2014 06:30 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Dogbreath
This is still an issue. (noticed Zeno fixing other ones)
Probably will get sorted.

It should probably be said that the lake is coloured red, because the fish are coloured red and not because of red blood in the water.

03-12-2014 04:16 PM
Administrator
Added preliminary graphics (done by me, see screenshot) until Krys has time to build them himself.

+ Reply