PV and fire
issueid=5591 11-03-2017 04:17 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Soirana: 41
PV and fire
PV seems to be applied for some fire based attacks

PV seems to be applied for some fire based attacks - primary burning hands and flaming weapons. Burning hands is elementalists life line, so in case it is intentional please reconsider.

Other magic (wands of far slaying, some bolts) seem to work okay.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5591
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 9
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.5
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-04-2017 01:42 AM
I agree with this, the PV being added to bolt spells damage being nerfed (which was in the game for many years) was already a huge nerf to spellcasters.

I think burning hands (and acid spit) should ignore PV like most other spells at least. Makes no sense why fire bolt would ignore PV but burning hands wouldn't.

11-04-2017 02:39 AM
Agreed. Burning Hands is by its nature an elemental Touch Attack and thus should penetrate DV at least, probably PV as well. Any applied PV should at least be balanced to make Burning Hands a feasible and reliable option for casters over weapons in-hand.

11-04-2017 03:08 AM
With regard to Burning Hands specifically, it may trivialize a particular fight that TB doesn't want to be so easy. Just a guess though.

11-04-2017 03:12 AM
Would increasing resistance to fire in that fight be a reasonable alternative solution? Or giving that particular enemy resistance to the Burning Hands spell / Burn-proof PV? Rather than rebalancing the rest of the game, I mean.

+ Reply