Challenge Games
issueid=77 04-02-2009 10:11 PM
Number of reported issues by Per_Killer: 1
Challenge Games

An idea inspired from DoomRL. It has another menu option aside from new game, called challenge games. Here various challenges "open up" as the player manage to pass certain requirements.
The most popular challenge-games from ADOM could be gathered in this menu, each challenge-game with a separate highscore list :) Would be fun.
Issue Details
Issue Number 77
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Unknown
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-19-2009 09:03 AM
Ancient Member
I haven't played DoomRL, but I understood that the PC would then start in a location designed for the challenge, right? Like if you chose Eternium Man, you would start in a SMC with no up- or downstairs? It might be interesting to play a JADE version of the Weakest Link...

05-07-2009 11:19 AM
Laukku I don't like this. Challenges in ADOM were about applying different additional rules to normal game, and you propose making them stand-alone games.

Instead it would be better if game tracked them automatically, like in NH. Or you could choose one of them at start. Then if you break challenge rules, game ends, and you go to separate hiscore list.

05-07-2009 05:11 PM
Ancient Member
I wasn't proposing, I was asking how they work in DoomRL. Also, many challenge games are about playing in a limited area. (Brimstone, Steel, Eternium and Iron men.)

+ Reply