Hang on when entering town with certain conditions
issueid=318 07-23-2011 09:31 AM
Number of reported issues by Rostelle: 5

Entered a human village
Got the message 'You hear the sound of a cash register' continually repeated and couldn't move
The doorway of the shop with the shopkeeper in it is within visibility.
The shopkeeper appeared to be flickering.
Had to taskmgr the game to death (should there be an artifact called taskmgr which lets you commit suicide ?)
Have put this immediately at low priority because it appears very condition specific.
Issue Details
Issue Number 318
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Unknown
Status Fixed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version JADE 0.1.2
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-23-2011 01:52 PM
Ancient Member
Have put this immediately at low priority because it appears very condition specific.
I actually think that any bug causing the game to crash or hang should be high priority.

07-23-2011 06:13 PM
Am able to reproduce this bug. System is linux.

07-24-2011 10:11 AM
Laukku - Soz, you're probably correct - I have no objection to the priority being modified

EbbeLockert - Soz (again), should have mentioned - I am running on Windows 7

08-14-2011 11:40 AM
The Creator
Can you tell to provide more info about the bug? Was the settlement visited before or was it the first time? Did you enter the settlement right at the start of the game or at a later point? Did you attack beings in that settlement on a previous visit? Anything else that was special?

08-14-2011 12:28 PM
It occurred when I first entered the specific location (can't remember if it was a town/village/metropolis)
I had been on the wilderness map and then pressed the '>' key so it was while painting/instantiating the habitation.
The error has only occurred once in a fairly large number of plays.
If it reoccurs I will try to get some type of screenshot (sorry I didn't think of it first time around)
For what little it's worth my instinctive feeling at the time was that it was because a shopkeeper was either
- in view - out of view
- moving from in view to out of view (or vice versa)

08-20-2011 06:52 AM
The Creator
Fixed for JADE 0.1.4. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits. (If you were aleady asked to do so you can ignore this message. Please include a reference to the bug or RFE you are credited for.)

+ Reply