[Balance] Make teleport control harder to acquire
issueid=1206 08-24-2012 03:45 PM
Number of reported issues by LFk: 1
[Balance] Make teleport control harder to acquire
If you find one blink dog, you've found 'em all.

EDIT: Augh! I meant to make this a "Feature" but the option is greyed out now.

I recently had a discussion which I stepped out of due to improper forum to be talking about it, so I'll continue it here.

Teleportation is an overpowered feature, this much is hard to argue with. However, there are 3 facets that make it so, which is the spell Teleport, the ability to control it, and the huge well of PP (their HP) that casters have.

I'm still against hard class-balance, but it wouldn't be bad to tweak some mechanics to avoid making teleportation into a walk replacement (often, anyway).

So my thesis: Teleport control intrinsic is entirely too common. If you find a single blink dog, which you typically do in one of the VD/DD, PC, and UD, you can just trigger his spawns and give yourself an extremely high chance of getting a corpse.

If teleport CONTROL was harder to get, teleport would be somewhat less useful, and certainly less convenient. Combined with the idea of making HP casting more punishing, so one can't just spam the random teleport until the desired result is acquired, this would make teleport much less of a common walk replacement for caster classes.

- Make blink dog *summons* unable to drop a corpse / or make Blink Dogs only drop a corpse if killed prior to casting summon.
- Make eating the blink dog corpse grant a small chance of granting TCtrl, ~10%.
- Make blink dogs no longer summon.

This would force PCs to use the ring/ammy, which aren't guaranteed, or turn to pool sipping, which can be dangerous on top of non-guaranteed.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1206
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Implemented
Priority 7
Suggested Version ADOM 1.1.1
Implemented Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 7
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 17
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-11-2012 12:17 PM
Issue Changed by adom-admin