Weird Tome handover never triggers
issueid=2524 12-05-2013 04:28 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Carter: 20
Weird Tome handover never triggers

There appears to be a bug where if you enter the library with sub 100 stealth, even if you achieve it while in the library it is then impossible to get the tome again even by waiting 20k+ moves without talking.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2524
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 6
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 20
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-05-2013 07:25 AM
Ancient Member
Oh, so this then was the mystery of why some characters got the tome and some didn't? I didn't know it had been solved.

12-05-2013 07:36 AM
Ancient Member
That is not the reason, Al. ;)

12-05-2013 08:28 AM
Ancient Member
I think the vast majority of players have their stealth skill at 100 by the time they can descend the rift and clear the library, hence it has never been a problem.
Stealth trains faster than climbing, which is mandatory to descend (unless blind but I'm not sure what exactly blindness does in this case).
It's probably something else, I had chars that had 100 stealth for a long time before getting to the library and still couldn't get the tome.

12-06-2013 01:07 AM
Ancient Member
it doesn't make sense that it is a "random" factor that says you can't get it. Adom doesn't work like that.

only time i've had it denied was entering the library with sub 100 stealth.

12-06-2013 03:13 AM
I still have no clue how you train stealth so fast, by late game mine tends to be around 70...

12-06-2013 01:43 PM
Huh, I recently tried to get the tome only to discover I have insufficient stealth, went to the Rift to level up and max stealth, returned and still didn't get the weird tome on a few tries. Theory seems worth investigating in depth.

12-08-2013 08:20 PM
It's possible this is intentional... if you have already been a noisy nuisance, why should you get a second chance?

12-08-2013 08:59 PM
Quote Originally Posted by aerol
It's possible this is intentional... if you have already been a noisy nuisance, why should you get a second chance?
You already do get second chances. You can still get the weird tome if you behave noisily (e.g. clearing the library) first, chat to the Librarian, get told to "Shhh!" and then wait for an appropriate amount of time silently and perfectly stealthily.

+ Reply