New artifacts can't be randomly generated
issueid=1966 02-20-2013 02:01 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Carter: 20
New artifacts can't be randomly generated

Can't see this as a bug, but

the new artifacts like the Staff of Creation / moloch boots etc do not seem to be able to be generated, at least in the 4-5 play throughs and all the YAVPs posts.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1966
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Won't Fix
Priority 4
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 11
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-20-2013 09:29 AM
Ancient Member
That is because they are likely limited to Mist elves/Chaos Knights respectively.

02-20-2013 09:44 AM
Ancient Member
Maybe, but for example the gloves of St. Montojja seem generic enough to be generated for everyone.

02-20-2013 07:08 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi
Maybe, but for example the gloves of St. Montojja seem generic enough to be generated for everyone.
Those are likely duelist crowning only.

02-20-2013 07:30 PM
Ancient Member
Justifier is also for paladin crownings only, and useless for other classes, but it can still be randomly generated (I've received it as an item drop in GY:2, to add to the insult :p). On that regard, I believe the new artifacts should be able to get randomly generated following the same rules as all random artifacts, although this could be a deliberate balancing decision (you want the awesome chaos knight artifact armor? Play a CK and deal with their disadvantages).

02-21-2013 12:44 AM
Ancient Member
I had the silver key generated with a barbarian too.

i think maybe the armor can stay as a CK only item, but the staff of creation / moloch boots / rapier of needle should definately be generated.

02-21-2013 02:38 AM
I think all the artifacts should be available for random generation, myself.

07-07-2014 06:23 PM
The Creator
I don't think that all items need to be available randomly.

+ Reply