Natural Enemy of the Undead
issueid=1355 11-22-2012 06:55 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Carter: 20
Natural Enemy of the Undead
Birth message

Can't see this on the issue tracker:

fairly sure this birth message doesn't do anything.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1355
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Not a Bug
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 5
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-22-2012 09:43 AM
According to the Guidebook, that intrinsic causes undead to periodically flee from you, presumably in fear. Can anyone confirm that it's correct?

11-22-2012 12:25 PM
Ancient Member
Supposedly it also

However, I never quantified its effects - in fact, I don't even know how (or when) you obtain it in a non-hacked game, as merely having that birth effect doesn't seem to grant it at level one.

11-23-2012 12:14 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by anon123
Supposedly it also

However, I never quantified its effects - in fact, I don't even know how (or when) you obtain it in a non-hacked game, as merely having that birth effect doesn't seem to grant it at level one.
It doesn't do critical hits, and doesn't seem to add the "he was a natural enemy of the undead" intrinsic at any level. I know because i played a HE archer all the way through with sun's messenger hoping for the double criticals. Didn't make a difference when using a regular bow. (ie: i assumed that using a normal bow would be like using sun's messenger on a regular char) which was incorrect.

11-23-2012 12:16 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn
According to the Guidebook, that intrinsic causes undead to periodically flee from you, presumably in fear. Can anyone confirm that it's correct?
incorrect, at least for char's born with the message. It might work if you get the intrinsic but that is never triggered.

02-12-2013 06:53 PM
I believe I had undead flee from me with this birth message a few versions back, but never noticed any difference in criticals. It's hard to quantify this because getting that special message is so rare in the first place.

03-13-2013 12:53 AM
Ancient Member
any thoughts from admin on this one?

03-13-2013 03:12 AM
Ancient Member
I've had undead flee from me in 1.1.1 as a result of this IIRC.

03-01-2014 08:36 PM
Administrator
By looking at the code I would say that anon123 is right. But let the Creator answer this as well. :)

07-08-2014 04:29 AM
The Creator
anon123 is right. It does have an effect.

+ Reply