Hill giant chieftain corpses
issueid=1273 10-07-2012 11:20 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Maul: 6
Hill giant chieftain corpses

Hill giant chieftain corpses seem to falsely report a strength increase when none, in fact, happens. It says "You feel strong.", but no strength increase is granted if St is already high enough.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1273
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows XP
Status Not a Bug
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 3
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-07-2012 09:56 PM
That is the flavor text message you get for failing to get the increase i suppose, because the correct message that shows when you get a ST increase is "Your muscles feel stronger"...

It can create confusion since the messages are so close, but this may be by design...

10-07-2012 10:09 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by CheatMan
That is the flavor text message you get for failing to get the increase i suppose, because the correct message that shows when you get a ST increase is "Your muscles feel stronger"...

It can create confusion since the messages are so close, but this may be by design...
The message is actually different with various giants. I don't know which is which, but one says "Your muscles harden!", another "Your muscles feel like steel!", yet another "Your muscles bulge enourmously!". I wouldn't be surprised if this one was exclusive for the hill giant chieftain. Still, I suppose it'd be simple to test.

10-07-2012 10:19 PM
This message also appears for fire giant chieftains, fwiw. Is there a different message generated when you do get a strength increase? e.g. "You feel strong. Your muscles bulge!"

12-11-2012 02:56 PM
The Creator
Not a bug.

+ Reply