inventory search filter behaviour - for all drop and pickup commands
issueid=2885 04-26-2014 01:42 AM
Number of reported issues by sylph: 26
inventory search filter behaviour - for all drop and pickup commands
can we get search filter behaviour for all inventory commands?

I absoluely *love* the new 'search filter', but can we get it for all inventory commands? It would be lovely to be able to press ctrl+d, then filter on the word 'rock', then filter on 'corpse', then select a few pieces of armour, and then voila, player drops all rocks, corpses, and a few select pieces of armour!
Issue Details
Issue Number 2885
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (NotEye)
Status Suggested
Priority 7
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 8
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-26-2014 05:01 AM
Ancient Member
A thousand times yes to this :).

I am a big hoarder, i hate to let things behind, so i tend to pick up everything i can, which can pile up in hilarious amounts of different junk, especially if i have SoAtlas.

04-26-2014 08:20 PM
Ancient Member
This would be fantastic (especially for the drop command!)

04-27-2014 08:14 PM
I think, for the pick up & drop 'comfortably' command, it would be a clean and effective implementation to have a 'select all matches' feature as the filter. That is, press ctrl+d to 'extended drop', then press enter to go into filter mode. Type 'arrow' and press enter, and all items in inventory that match the word 'arrow' are selected, but the extended drop screen is still open, so we could then press enter again and type 'quarr', to also select all quarrels. etc...

05-16-2014 07:41 AM
To add to this suggestion - filtering currently doesn't work on the 'tags' (notes) added to items by the user.
For example, if I have a:
'Glass amulet {light} 3s'
and I filter on the string:
light

My tagged glass amulet doesn't get selected.
Might be an addition worth considering

+ Reply