Remap character sheet command
issueid=2325 09-01-2013 12:20 AM
Number of reported issues by Dervi: 20
Remap character sheet command

Currently, character sheet command is mapped to an inconvenient alt-q key. Since it's a screen that is checked quite often, it would be nice to remap the command to a more "easy to remember" key.

'@' would be nice.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2325
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 17
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-01-2013 01:25 AM
Ancient Member
You can already remap keys by editing the adom.kbd file. I suppose you want the default keybinding to be changed?

09-01-2013 05:14 AM
@ is already mapped to "Display character information" .. on the Linux version, at least

09-01-2013 07:43 AM
Ancient Member
On the Windows version it always used to be '@' as well, but for some reason, in prereleases (or at least some of them) this doesn't work by default. For example, in the last prerelease with NotEye, it's in fact bound to Alt+q. This gives me the shivers, because it's very similar to Shift+Q (apart from inconvenient).

It would be good for this command to be standardized to the '@' we all know and love in all versions and systems, especially taking into account that casual users won't edit configuration files.

09-01-2013 10:07 AM
Administrator
Are you talking about Prerelease 16? It contains new keyboard handling code which should improve many things. I just switched from German to French keyboard layout on Windows. The key "a" is mapped to "q" there and "@" is mapped to AltGr+0. They both work fine in ADOM (e.g. AltGr+0 opens the character information), so "@" is not hard coded to Alt+q.

And yes, the goal is to get this working in the same way on all systems, but it's much much more complicated than it seems to be. ;)

09-02-2013 01:04 PM
Ancient Member
OK, then the problem depends on keyboard layout. In particular, with a Spanish keyboard, '@' doesn't work on Windows (with the default bindings).

09-02-2013 06:01 PM
Administrator
There are at several Spanish keyboard layouts, which one are you using? I used one where the "@" was mapped to AltGr+2 and "#" to AltGr+3, which worked fine in both ADOM Prerelease 16 versions (with and without NotEye). Is this the only key combination that does not work?

09-03-2013 05:14 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by jt
There are at several Spanish keyboard layouts, which one are you using? I used one where the "@" was mapped to AltGr+2 and "#" to AltGr+3, which worked fine in both ADOM Prerelease 16 versions (with and without NotEye). Is this the only key combination that does not work?
My keyboard has "@" in AltGr+2, but I think the problem was that I had a configuration file from a previous prerelease in my hard drive.

After deleting the ADOM config folder, the "@" binding works perfectly. Sorry for the distraction.

09-03-2013 06:16 PM
Administrator
No problem, I'm glad it was only caused by the keyboard configuration file.

@Dervi: it all depends on the version you are playing. Maybe resetting the adom.kbd file like Al-Khwarizmi did helps?

09-08-2013 03:07 PM
Latest prerelease. As suggested, I simply edited the adom.kbd file and remapped the command to '@'. But sure it would be nice to have '@' be the default, not 'alt+q'... even more considering that the file is in some non-standard location (C:\Users\<username>\Documents\ADOM\adom_dat).

09-08-2013 07:55 PM
Administrator
'@' is the default (again) since 1.2.0 Prerelease 9 (see issue 1385). ADOM only creates the adom.cfg file if it is not present but it never updates it. So if you have an adom.kbd file from an earlier Prerelease you have to update it by hand or delete it (this is what we recommend). ADOM will recreate it on the next start.

+ Reply