Talent System Overhaul
issueid=2380 10-04-2013 05:47 PM
Number of reported issues by gosos: 21
Talent System Overhaul
Talents

PLEASE MOVE THIS POST HERE. I did not see there was another talent thread.

http://www.adom.de/forums/project.ph...ge=2#note14592

Got the idea from Stingray's post in the general adom forum. He wants to add a talent each level. I have a more interesting idea. It will also make classes more unique.

1. each level you get talent points (similiar to how you get skill trains ) based on your learning skill. Possibly also give bonuses for classes/races. or penalties
2. talents cost points. more useful talents cost more points.
3. classes and possibly racers get 'discounts' for related talents. For example melee classes get discounts for melee talents
4. add more powerful talents that you have to save up for.
5. to add to specialization have something similiar to talent trees. you can get multiple talents to raise your sword skill. Save 3-4, but if you get all of them you get a bonus. Each level costs more. If you get all of the talents related to magic casting, you get an added bonus.
6. could also increase the cost of some talents based on race/class. Barbarians have increased talent cost for ranged talents and magic. Don't just increase them for talents you probably wouldn't use with the class. Make it interesting.

This increases replayability and makes race/class combos more unique. Talents right now are rather weak and don't really do a lot outside a few of them. If we just give a talent each level or make them stronger then the game gets too easy. We would need to be careful with this and we might make the game too easy if you game it right, so it needs balance.
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2380
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 17
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-10-2013 09:57 AM
This seems like a little *too* big an overhaul for ADOM's talent system. The general idea seems like a good possibility, but the rest of it would take a 100% overhaul in the game's talent generation that I'm not sure is justified. I agree that some of the talents could use an extra charge, but this feels excessive. Either that, or in the wrong direcon.

02-13-2018 11:25 AM
The Creator
Closed as per request.

Closed