Allow crowned C chaos knights to enter chaos gate without meeting UCG/OCG req's
issueid=2761 03-20-2014 01:41 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by SirTheta: 79
Allow crowned C chaos knights to enter chaos gate without meeting UCG/OCG req's

I have a lot of problems with how chaos knight currently play, but one of the bigger ones is that you can't use any cool powers if not going for UCG/OCG - if you close the gate while C you get a truly awful ending.

The problem is that OCG and UCG are fun to do once in a while or as a first time thing, but they are tedious and destroy a lot of the fun of the game. I avoid them on principle and choose optional, more exciting challenges.

So, I'd like to see another ending for chaos knights, based around one of two options:
-allow crowned C chaos knights to enter the chaos plane without any of the chaos trinity
-allow crowned C chaos knights to enter the chaos plane by wielding the Sceptre of Chaos. The resurfacing part mindless/tedious/awful but the I66 dive and fight is pretty fun. Scrounging up six artifacts for the ratling / waiting for boss fight and all the crone req's are not.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2761
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-20-2014 01:58 AM
Ancient Member
I think allowing entrance without any part of the trinity is too easy. Almost any CK that reaches D:50 is probably going to be crowned--it's an insignificant hurdle.

03-20-2014 02:03 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer
I think allowing entrance without any part of the trinity is too easy. Almost any CK that reaches D:50 is probably going to be crowned--it's an insignificant hurdle.
Well, that's the idea. I mean, you're a follower of Andor Drakon, you've been crowned his champion - sure, let the CK challenge him for supremacy.

Of course, it's quite possible to harden the requirements a little, too - one that comes to mind is you have to be C the whole game [this could apply to either suggestion].

03-20-2014 05:25 AM
Ancient Member
I would just have the additional ending, where you enter the chaos gate and serve alongside Andor when he invades

03-20-2014 08:14 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Carter
I would just have the additional ending, where you enter the chaos gate and serve alongside Andor when he invades
This.
"He entered the chaos plane and became the chief marshal of chaotic armies."

03-20-2014 03:09 PM
Ancient Member
The OPs suggestions would mean that every Tom, Dick and even Harry can get to fight Andor without ever finding the HMV or Stone circle. I don't like that. Although I did try to enter the Chaos Plane with my first CK without the trinity, because that was the only logical thing to do at the time besides destroying the orbs or levers.

But in retrospect Andor doesn't want to fight someone that wasn't even able to obtain the trinity or respectful enough to wear it correctly. Also new information might need to be available that a CK does not need the trinity to fight Andor.

03-20-2014 03:31 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1
The OPs suggestions would mean that every Tom, Dick and even Harry can get to fight Andor without ever finding the HMV or Stone circle. I don't like that. Although I did try to enter the Chaos Plane with my first CK without the trinity, because that was the only logical thing to do at the time besides destroying the orbs or levers.

But in retrospect Andor doesn't want to fight someone that wasn't even able to obtain the trinity or respectful enough to wear it correctly. Also new information might need to be available that a CK does not need the trinity to fight Andor.
Well, every Tom, Dick & Harry that is a CK. It's a new class with a new background - the rules of ADOM are already bent for the class, why not bend it further where it's thematically appropriate? A few further tweaks can be done to make it fit better [e.g. never abandoning Andor Drakon], but I think providing another way for CKs to challenge Andy fits well [and eliminates the stupidness of the most stupid follower of ChAoS].

03-20-2014 04:31 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous
This.
"He entered the chaos plane and became the chief marshal of chaotic armies."
I've always thought that something like this would be good enough.

The CK without the trinity doesn't need to actually see or fight Andor, but this would give him a more less shameful ending. At least if we suspend disbelief a bit and are willing to believe that killing the orb guardians as a follower of Andor makes sense.

Actually my preferred interpretation of the plot has always been that CK's follow another chaotic god, not Andor, and they work so that that god can conquer Ancardia instead. That would make the whole plot for CK's more coherent IMHO, and give both normal endings and ultras sense.

04-27-2014 12:05 PM
At least if we suspend disbelief a bit and are willing to believe that killing the orb guardians as a follower of Andor makes sense.
You discover that all this time, he wasn't expecting a hero to use the orbs to save the world; he was waiting for one of his minions powerful enough to reach him and prove that he was worthy of leading the armies, due to a prophesy in the stars.

Not all prophesies have to be for the good guys, right?

04-27-2014 03:54 PM
I think that CKs should definitely get different endings somehow, their goals are very different.

I like 'entering the chaos gate' being their ideal basic ending, instead of destroying it.

Maybe their regular Chaos God ending could also be brighter (for them at least).

+ Reply