Learning spells way more difficult for non-wizards, even with 100 Literacy
issueid=1313 10-30-2012 07:41 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Al-Khwarizmi: 62
Learning spells way more difficult for non-wizards, even with 100 Literacy

I'm under the impression that learning spells from books is now very very difficult for non-wizards compared to how it was in v1.1.1, even for classes that were traditionally rather decent casters, like monks.

I realize that the influence of Literacy has been increased by adding penalties to low Literacy e.g. when reading scrolls, and I like that, it makes the skill more interesting. But what I'm saying happens even with 100 Literacy so I suppose it's a different issue and not intentional. Yesterday, my lvl. 16 monk with 100 Literacy, 100 Concentration and 17 Le needed to get blind, confused, etc. several times in order to learn Knock. And some days ago I had another monk, around lvl. 13 and with 100 Lit and something like 95 Concentration, having serious problems to learn Darkness. I don't remember it being so difficult in 1.1.1.

Maybe it's just an impression of mine (it's possible to get terribly unlucky dice rolls, after all) but more people seem to be noticing the same, also with other classes (like paladins), so I decided to report it. Maybe other people can say if it also happens to them and we can see if there is in fact a bug.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1313
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Fixed
Priority 8
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 4
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 6
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 4
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

11-02-2012 08:25 AM
Issue Changed by jt