Multiple errors on importing save files with achievements, then CTD on tab
issueid=4030 11-18-2015 11:12 PM
Number of reported issues by Kelibath: 25
Multiple errors on importing save files with achievements, then CTD on tab

On a UK Windows 7 Ultmate edition machine. I've literally just started ADOM Steam Deluxe up after transferring over all my P60+ save files to the new save directory. They appeared in the directory fine, and in the 'Restore game' menu option, so I decided to continue my main save game. When I loaded the game I gained about eight Steam achievements at once (it was a level 26 character in the deeper levels of the CoC). I clicked the first one and it spawned an error message, the screen went blank, and I was taken to the NotEYE error dialogue.

Several attempts to retry later led to a return to the error dialogue each time. I eventually tried to continue in 'safe mode', only to have the achievement I'd accepted still on-screen in ASCII instead.

I exited it with 'z' but any keystroke from me following that brought the same original achievement dialogue back again. Even 'S'aving the game was impossible. I tabbed out about fifty seconds ago to write this up and it finally crashed to desktop forty seconds later.

I know there're lots of bug reports about crashes in general but this is the first I remember seeing a crash because too many achievements were gained at once or because they were gained via importing.
Priority 4 chosen because I was able to restart ADOM and reload the same game without the achievement spam showing up again. It's still something that'll really put people off, though, and may cause greater issues if they end up losing the save.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4030
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 4
Affected Version ADOM r61
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-19-2015 01:32 PM
Ancient Member
I was able to import a save game of a level 13 and got the Pyramid achievement (and the "died your first death" achievement - I had previously died in the Steam challenge game). I did not get the level 10 achievement, so maybe something's off about importing? But I didn't crash either. Win 64.

11-19-2015 04:21 PM
Administrator
Please upload the adom.log file located in the ADOM/adom_steam directory within you user home directory.

11-19-2015 04:38 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Harwin
I was able to import a save game of a level 13 and got the Pyramid achievement (and the "died your first death" achievement - I had previously died in the Steam challenge game). I did not get the level 10 achievement, so maybe something's off about importing? But I didn't crash either. Win 64.
Quite possibly. (I'm on 64 bit as well btw.) I got a series of so many achievements on loading that I expect the overload crashed the game - but I haven't had any since, so I can't be sure if it was a global achievement issue instead.

+ Reply