Cat lord level rebalancing
issueid=2343 09-15-2013 06:36 PM
Number of reported issues by kordi82: 3
Cat lord level rebalancing

Just killed cat lord while slowed and without see invisible. I got 3,5 million of experience for him. I believe that something has to change.... I do realize that he is one of the toughest enemies in the game but he is not worth 3,5 million of experience for the level of danger he poses. The basic problem with cat lord is that the player can easily lure him out of his level and then use teleportation to deal with him. I have a simple suggestions how to rebalance him (one of these should do the trick).

a/ make player unable to leave cat lord level until he kills him.
b/ make cat lord stay on the level and do not follow the player + make the stairs change locations once entering his level - similar solution to how it works in the pyramid.

Solution a is more extreme. Solution b is a little more balanced. Otherwise - give him HP regeneration so that the player cannot teleport and slowly take him down from the distance... or at least tone down experience for him.

I understand excessive experience for water dragon as water dragon can instakill level 50 character from a distance with 600 HP criticals but catlord is much easier enemy to deal with...
Issue Details
Issue Number 2343
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 17
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 13
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-20-2013 01:03 AM
My personal view, I stand on the side of:

Yes, make it so that he won't follow you off the level.
No, to buffing him/his level any further. He's a badass. A badass with weaknesses. And those weaknesses can be exploited, in the same way that any other badass with weaknesses in the game can be. I don't feel that the XP gain (which is different depending on how many cats you've killed throughout the game) is particularly a great and horrid thing. As many people have said: he's deadly as it is. If you're ready for him, you can beat him fairly well. If you're *not* ready for him, he's going to eat you alive. And having been the recipient of that 'eaten alive' at least once, I have great respect for his power. For me, doing the quest isn't just about getting an awesome ring. It's about keeping a very angry, very powerful creature from kicking my ass. :)

09-20-2013 02:05 AM
Ancient Member
Sure, make him stay on his level. It'll make it even easier to avoid him than it already is.

+ Reply