Tutorial mode not available in public release
issueid=3764 07-21-2015 11:06 PM
Number of reported issues by asdalol: 3
Tutorial mode not available in public release
When selecting tutorial mode the game goes back to the main menu

When selecting from the main menu New Game --> Start Tutorial (either using the mouse or the keyboard) you don't proceed to character generation but you go back to the main menu.
I don't know if this happens because tutorial mode was not implemented in the open release, or if it is available only if you don't have too many characters in the highscore.

I've been using the open release 59 with NotEye on Windows 7, 64 bit.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3764
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (NotEye)
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r59
Fixed Version ADOM r60
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-22-2015 12:36 PM
This bug is also on the Linux version. Probably tutorial got disabled for testing?

Edit: The tutorial dungeon is replaced with a 3 level dungeon. Was that intended?

07-22-2015 08:47 PM
Ancient Member
Thomas confirmed it's unintentional, we'd really like you guys to test the tutorial mode as well. Not sure if and when it's going to be enabled.

Not sure about the Tutorial dungeon. It did get replaced after a few games in previous version, but maybe something's changed.

07-22-2015 09:56 PM
Administrator
The tutorial dungeon is only available for the very first three games (and of course in the tutorial mode). Yes, the tutorial mode should be available in the public version as well, but there is a bug in the main menu which prevents selecting it in r59.

07-23-2015 07:25 AM
Administrator
Fixed.

08-18-2015 04:07 PM
I posted a new one, didn't go this far back to see if it had already been posted, sorry. Doesn't seem to be fixed as it's not working for me. r59, windows 10, 64 bit

08-18-2015 05:18 PM
Ancient Member
It's fixed in the private dev version, not released yet so don't worry :) There'll be another public release where you can test Tutorial mode :)

Also: fun nickname :D

08-18-2015 05:39 PM
Roger that. Sorry for muddling it up and duplicating. New to the area and all. Suppose I'll dive in sans Tutorial and see how fast I can get wrecked. :)

Also: Thanks hah

+ Reply