Show existing tactic in 'T'actics setting
issueid=5888 12-31-2017 03:49 AM
Number of reported issues by Mr.PelicanPants: 10
Show existing tactic in 'T'actics setting
Small change to show previous tactic used in battle

This is a small but seemingly easy request - I am constantly changing tactics in battle several times per floor... it would be nice when pressing 'T' to show the current tactic the character is using so that everyone can make a relative adjustment to the one being used. Every other version of ADOM had this and I used it all the time, until the new tactic menu no longer shows this information. Would it be possible to add it back, just a tiny line/display anywhere? That was the command I always used to check what it was set to, and i'm not sure how to get ADOM to display that value any more. thank you!
Issue Details
Issue Number 5888
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 3.0.5
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users jt
Tags (none)

12-31-2017 07:31 PM
I see what you mean, but it almost seems easier than hitting shift t to just hit the F key you want. Also maybe showing all tactics settings instead of just Berserk or Coward in the HUD.

12-31-2017 08:06 PM
i do always use the f keys come to think of it, but most of the time i switch between aggressive/defensive so i keep gaining weapon/shield marks - is kind of hard to tell which one i'm on by DV alone, so i'd always hit 'T' to check and 'z' out... showing in the HUD would be a fine fix too? :>

12-31-2017 09:05 PM
ASCII shows you your current tactics with Shift+T, so if it doesn't in graphical maybe just an oversight?

01-02-2018 08:57 AM
Administrator
For me both the ASCII and graphical version of "Shift+t" look the same. The current tactic is the one you can't select (i.e the one with "-" in front).

01-02-2018 07:41 PM
you're right! i see that now, not sure why i couldn't find it anywhere before. my apologies for these requests :x i'm slower at learning than i used to be with the new interfaces and command structures.

01-18-2018 12:34 AM
I'd like it if the current tactic were in bold to make it more obvious (and also a return of + - )

+ Reply